Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Random Tuesday ~ Show and Tell!

Stacy

 
 
 

Unbelievable! December 4th!! The Holiday season has finally arrived...of course most retailers have been celebrating since Halloween. Sheesh!! Anywho....my shopping is done and the stockings are being filled as we speak! Candy, nail polish and many miscellaneous items...aimed to please! Sigh!!

This is what I saw yesterday morning!!





Amazing!!  Very powerful!  Always a special treat..for me and my camera and my cup of coffee!!

I didn't finish the buffet like I said I would...sorry...will finish it up this week and show you next Tuesday!  With another Art Show this past Sunday..my head was elsewhere.  The show was at the Tanoan Country Club.  A beautiful space indeed!  But no traffic to speak of!  Drats!  And no sales!  Double drats!  I think from here on out I will be sticking to juried shows.  A bit more selective and great for my resume'.
Here are some pics from the show...





Cheri, my BFF, and I shared a booth.  Even her jewelry did not sell like it usually does!  And not one person tried on a hat!!!!  That is very unusual!  Ladies..when you see a tower of hats...what do you do?  Well you try one or two or four on, of course!!

Cheri's mom lives with her...and she is now 99 years old!  And gets around amazingly well.  No canes or walkers for her...no sir!!  She came to the art show and walked around the entire space...touching every thing along the way!  Ha!  She is wonderful and gorgeous!!



See!!!!  Gorgeous for sure!   Love you Louise...Happy Birthday!!

Been finishing up shopping for my grandkids...what fun!  I am supposed to have a budget...but golly gee........they are my babies!!  And there is so much cool stuff!  Ha!  Just kidding Dr. John, I have been pretty good...sales galore!  Gotta love Black Friday and Cyber Monday!  Super online deals!

I miss my mama!!  Sniff!  She is so far away!  Been thinking of her quite a bit and I wish she would be here for Christmas...but she is one busy lady (84 years young) and has parties and such to attend.  Soooo...I will just send her wonderful gifties and things for her stocking.  No peeking ma....just fill you stocking and check it out Christmas morn!  Miss you!

This time of year I think of my Daddy too! He has been gone since 1986!  I think of how he would have enjoyed all the grandkids, great grandkids and even now, great great!!  Miss you daddy!

But all in all, I love this time of year...for it's sights, sounds and smells!!  Just can't forget those smells.  Turkey roasting, eggnog with a touch or two of brandy!  Yum!  My favorite thing overall is the lights.  I just love all the twinkling lights and a lit Christmas tree can bring me to tears.  And when I come upon a house that has all the lights and sounds synced with music...I cry and cry.  With joy of course!  I love it!!

Suldog has been talking of his love of his Christmas tree...his aluminum tree with color wheel!  Well hun...I love those too.  I remember my family had one of those.  We thought we were so cool!  That color wheel was mesmerizing!  Ha!  A silver tree with red balls!!  Gotta love it...just the best ever!!

Oh and bubbling lights on the traditional tree...wowzers...that was highly prized for sure!!

All week long  it has been sunny and warm!  66 degrees!  That is the average...oh how I love that!  No snow and none expected!  Woot!!  Woot!!  Did I tell you I hate the snow...HATE!!!  Driving in it is the pits and in most places, downright dangerous!  Not because of the snow; but because of the dummies who drive in it.  Anyway, no snow so far and I am relieved.   Yes, relieved I say!  Whew!!  It can snow Christmas eve and melt by Christmas day afternoon!!  Perfect!

I have my gingerbread dough all ready to go!  And of course, I have to make peanut butter fudge...my mom's specialty and I follow her recipe faithfully!  Melt in your mouth fudge for sure!  What traditional things to you make this time of year?  It has been a long time since I have done gingerbread so this will be fun.  Especially the decorating of the little guys!

Football has been so disappointing lately...all my teams are losing and the games have very rarely been close.  Yawn!  Makes me long for a good baseball game!  Sigh!!

Did I tell you I saw Breaking Dawn, Part 2?  Oh yes I did and it was fab!  If I told you already, sorry!  Ha!  But it was really terrific!!  Best movie of the series.



I need to see it again and of course, can't wait till the movie comes out on DVD!!  I am camping out now so I won't miss it!  Ha!!

Well, off to wrap and stack!  Have fun shopping and baking!  Best time of year!

Don't forget to stop by Stacy's at Stacy Uncorked!  Such Randomness there; ya just never know what might be happening.  Always fun to see!

Have a magical and blessed day!
Hugging you

SueAnn

15 comments:

Tabor said...

You are certainly busy. I think a nice Christmas gift to your mom would be a visit as soon as possible and practical.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Such a gorgeous sunrise! Always a great start to any day! :)

Cheri's mom is 99?! Wow, I hope I look that good and move around as nimble as she does when I'm 99! :)



Chicago Fire’s Fake Plane Crash, Christmas Shopping, Lego Minecraft Shortage, Pony Fun, Unconventional Cards – RTT Rebel

ellen abbott said...

the best part about this time of year for me is that I don't participate. I love to see what everyone else does with the baking and the decorating but I don't do any of it myself. makes for a totally stress free holiday.

Bossy Betty said...

No one tried on a hat? Sorry, I am still reeling from this fact.

SandyCarlson said...

I love what you did with the image of morning. Looks like an incredible fair!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I would have tried on at least five hats. Particularly if Cheri's mom touched them first. I'm pretty sure that grants good luck for at least 99 years ;-)

Suldog said...

A lovely Christmas tree is good for the soul. If you're feeling tense or depressed or otherwise not right emotionally, just sitting and staring at a good tree will change that. They are wonderful objects to meditate upon.

Indrani said...

Lovely images. Great display of items at the fair.

Unspoken said...

You have been busy over there! I recognize those prints at your show :).

pchickki said...

Im going tomorrow :)
Cant wait !

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a gorgeous display!!! Such a shame you had light traffic and no sales. That's soooo disappointing!

I haven't seen the latest Twilight movie yet. Looking forward to it though!

I hope you have a lovely weekend!

The Artful Diva said...

I love the view outside your window!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Lots of pretty things at the show...It is good that your Mom is so active. I Hate the snow but it is pretty

Unknown said...

Your shopping is done!? I'm jealous! :) Sorry that your show didn't go well. I've done a few of those myself. In fact one of the worst was also at a country club. A womens club and they did NOT spend money. Heather and I are doing a show in Feb. can't believe I'm back at it after all these years!

SandyCarlson said...

Your world is beautiful. I hope your mom has a great Christmas! And you, too!