Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Random Tuesday....You've got to be kidding me??



Would you believe last Thursday, I woke up to 5 inches of snow??  Ack!!!  Snow!!  And you know how I love snow!!  Heavy....wet...snow!!!  And cold...brrrrrrrrr!!!






Thought I would at least have some fun with the snow pics!!

Going on a short trip this week...,taking off to Tucson, Az.  I am leaving Thursday, bright and early with my BFF Cheri.  Also joining us is Ramona and Tamarah!  Going to have a blast!!  We are attending  bead and jewelry shows.  Time to stock up!  Won't be back until Tuesday!!  I am going to try to post using my phone.  So we will see if that will work!  Ha!!  If you don't hear from me, you will know it wasn't possible!!



Beautiful Tucson!!  Hopefully I will be enjoying warmer weather as well!!  Sigh!!

I am pretty much healed from my surgeries!  Just one sore spot!  I am so glad I did it!  Feeling great!!  Just saying...!!

Been walking again...erratically..but it's a beginning.  It is just so cold and the wind cuts right through ya.  And it is January 31st!!  Woot!  Spring is just around the corner!!  2miles!!  That is how far I go right now.  Working up to 5!


I have been organizing and storing several items in the house.  Like blankets and pillows that were all out during the holidays!  Also the inflatable beds!  Having company is a lot of work!  Ha! 

Also working in the studio, getting ready to start a new painting.  This one will be 48 inches by 60 inches!!  I am excited!  The idea is in my head...need to see it in actuality.  I will keep you posted.

Still haven't decorated for Valentine's Day yet...hopefully today I can get to it.  That head cold really set me back!  Feeling much better now!  Whew!!

I am making peanut butter fudge for Valentine's!  It is an old family recipe!  Couldn't find my copy..so called mom!  Yummiest fudge you'll ever taste!!



3 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of light corn syrup
3/4 cup of milk
1 1/2 tbs. of butter
1 cup of peanut butter ( I use Jiff)
2 tsp. of vanilla
Optional:  1/2 cup of chopped nuts
I use pecans

Mix sugar, syrup, milk and butter in medium saucepan
Cook over medium heat
Boil 5 minutes; stir occasionally
(soft ball stage)
Remove from heat
Add peanut butter and vanilla
Beat until thick and smooth
Pour onto wax paper or you can pour into greased dish
Cool...cut...store
You will love it!!  I prefer it without nuts.  So creamy!!

You know what time it is...Randomizing Time!!  Go on over to Stacy's at Stacy UnCorked and check out the other Randomizers!!  I am sure they have some great tales to tell!!  Also, go and nudge Keely of TheUnMom 
and tell her we miss her heading up Random Tuesday!!




Stacy

Next time you hear from me...will be from Tucson...I hope!   Though I do have a few poems to share...so I may post on my other blog, Suddenly Speaking!! 

Have a magical and blessed week!!
Hugging you
SueAnn

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

mmm fudge....have a great trip this week...and that first pic is really cool as are the variations...it has great lines

Self Sagacity said...

the reflection photos are awesome. So great to see nature's beauty in everyway.

Leovi said...

Excellent composition with great color and texture. I love the light and the color of that beautiful sky.

Leovi said...

Excellent composition with great color and texture. I love the light and the color of that beautiful sky.

Stacy Uncorked said...

5 inches of snow?? We're setting a record today with a high of 62 - it feels like spring right now...the weather has been whacked all year!

LOVE all the shots!

Mmmmmm fudge! :)

Farewell Chuck, and a Busy Week with a Psycho Schedule leads to a Foggy Brain

I am Harriet said...

5 inches of snow? I won't even tell you about the record we broke today in the Midwest.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/01/okay-nuff-randomness/

Carole said...

I can't believe you are getting all the snow and we're getting nothing....not complaining mind you.
Have fun with the girls and good luck with posting from your phone. I just got the new iphone and it took me forever to figure out why I wasn't getting internet? I could never post from it:)
hugs
Carole

beth said...

we've been getting in 3-5 miles a day while we're here in the sunshine.....oh it feels so good !!