Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Newest Award!!


Dani Tietz shared her award with all of us and I thought I would take her up on it. She posed some interesting questions. You can do the same as well!! Just grab the award button and answer the questions on your blog and leave a link here so I and others can see your answers. How fun is that?? Click on her name and you will be able to see her answers as well!!

Who was your favorite teacher in school? Mr. Pond without a doubt. He was a history teacher; but not mine. LOL! I had him in study hall and he was the coolest teacher around. I used to get into mischief all the time and he would pull me aside and just talk to me. Calmly and sincerely. He never talked down to me and always encouraged me to be the best person I could be. He helped me grow up and quit being such a trouble-maker. LOL! I loved Mr. Pond.

Do you have any hidden talents? Well, I can sing operas! Yup! I sure can. I took singing lessons for several years and my teacher, Mrs. Green, was an opera singer. She was a wonderful teacher and helped me so much. I really enjoyed those lessons! And the singing too. She made us perform on stage! That was scary; but I did it and it really boosted my confidence. I used to be terrified of doing anything on stage. Doesn't bother me now.

What do you consider your greatest achievement? Well I have two actually! Having my son, Lee Sr. He was and always will be the light of my life. I am so proud of him! He is 41 years old and now the father of five fabulous kids. They too light up my life. I am so blessed!
Also, the weight loss of 115 pounds is by far another of my greatest achievements. I am proud of myself! I did it!! And I have more to go! Woohoo!! Go body, go!!

Do you believe there are aliens or life on other planets? Well, I don't really know. I agree with Dani. It is one big universe and if we are the only ones...WOW...are we special!! But it wouldn't bother me or shake my faith if we did discover other living beings on another planet. Our God is a big God and He can handle it

If you could go on a road trip with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and where would you go? There are six people I would travel with and all at the same time. I would travel with my husband, John and my five grandkids, Lisa, Cassie, Emma, Georgia and Lee, Jr. I would travel to South Carolina so they could meet their uncle Gary for the first time and his family. Then I would go to Ohio so they could me their Great Grandmother Ilene (my mom) and my brother, their Uncle Mark and his family. Onward we would go to Indiana to meet up with their Uncle Jack and his family. All three are my brothers and they have never met them. And of course they need to meet my mom for sure!! This would be a trip of a lifetime!!

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? LOL!! I wanted to be a rock star! I used to practice with my hair brush in front of my full length mirror, singing!!! Of course with my 45RPM records! I grew up in the 60's and the Beatles were just becoming big big big!! I was madly in love with Paul McCartney and daydreamed all the time of becoming his "girl". And we would sing together forever!! Well, he is still singing but I never did get to meet him or hear him in person. I hope to change that one in the future. But alas, I won't be a rock star!! So sad.

Do you have any phobias? Sure do! Heights! Deathly afraid of heights! I can climb a ladder okay because it has sides I can hold onto...but give me a step stool and I feel nauseous! We went to the Grand Canyon and as I neared the edge, I got dizzy and felt like I was going to fall over it. Scary!! Felt the same way at Niagara Falls! So horseback riding is out for me and that makes me sad, I love horses and my best friend has two...but I just can't get up on them. Sigh!!

Take these questions and post your links and answers here so we can all enjoy them. It will be great fun and we get to know each other a little better. That is my favorite part. Have fun with it.

Have a wonderful and magical day. Create and be filled!!

Hugs
SueAnn