Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

What's love got to do with it?

What does my title have to do with me today? Nothing! LOL! And everything. It says so much. But let us put it in art terms. Get out in that studio and get some work done!! That being said...I thought I would take my own advice and share some special studio moments.
These are ATC's or ACEO's, whichever term you would like to use. All I do know is that I enjoyed working on them. It has been a long time since I have done pieces this size. What fun!! Makes you think, that is for sure!

I appreciate all of you stopping by and visiting me...coffee is always on!!
Thanks and hugs
SueAnn

PS. Thought for the Day

There was a little town nearby;
it was close to somewhere
and next to nothing.
A place with wind and rain;
clouds and sky!
A place where people live and die.
I used to live in that little town.
It was near my dreams, and entwined with my fantasies.
A place with friends and enemies;
and close blood ties.
A place to grow and touch the sky.
We all live in just such a town.
It offered eternity; but it was despair.
A place with wind and rain; clouds and sky!
A place to escape before we die.

Title: It was Just a Little Town
by: SueAnn Lommler
copyright 2000




7 comments:

Bella said...

halo beautiful!!

I feel as though I am a year behind in everything! I have been wanting to write your for dayz now~ You are always in my thoughts~

Thank you for your wonderful words of inspirations you are a precious soul!!

sending big hugs your way ;)

xo!! ~Bella

Susie McMahon said...

Hello Sue-Ann,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice message!
We have quite a lot in common:
My name is Susan Anne, I'm 56, I've got 4 grand children (being a grandma is the BEST!) and I've been married for 37 years. Oh and I started blogging this year. I love New Mexico - I've been there three times, but I bet you have never been to Tasmania! lol
You're welcome to stop by any time!

Hugs,
Susie

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi SueAnn, I loved your poem and your ATC's. You've been busy!!! I'll get to my paper and glitter as soon as I can get away from the computer...I'm having fun learning Photoshop!. Marcela

Artsnark said...

Just popping in to say hello. Thanks for all your generous comments! I am so behind in visiting blogs lately & in studio time too....

Wonderful combos on your new pieces - I do love butterflies!I always enjoy your verses too.

Hope you are having a creative day!

-Stacey

Ann-Denise Anderson said...

SueAnn,
I just wanted to say thank you for leaving such a touching message on my blog, life can get super crazy sometimes and I appreciate the kinds words! Again, You made a difference to me!
Creative Blessings,
Ann-Denise
Whim & Fancy Designs

reagan said...

Just stopping by for some coffee:-) Your comments always warm my heart, thank you.
xoxo
Pam

Jennie said...

These ATCs are so lovely. Did you use watercolors to get the background so soft and airy? Thanks for sharing your art!

Warm hopes to you!